Advancing Care through Technology: Role of Telehealth, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence
November 22-23, 2019
Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel | Arlington, VA
The 2019 CMSS Specialty Forum on Advancing Care through Technology, November 22-23, 2019 in Arlington, VA, brought together Specialty Society executives and physician leaders, thought leaders, technology experts, and industry partners to examine the role of Telehealth, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence in healthcare.
Thank you to all our invited speakers and panelists!
- Aneesh Chopra, President, CareJourney, Former Chief Technology Officer, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, will speak on the impact of big data on achieving healthcare value
- Jayashree Kalpathy-Cramer, PhD, Director of the Quantitative Translational Imaging in Medicine Lab, Martinos Center Center for Machine Learning, Associate Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School, will speak on AI and deep learning in specialty medicine
- Scott Shipman, MD, MPH, Director, Clinical Innovations, Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), will discuss the promise of eConsults
- Lisa Suennen, Leader, Manatt Digital and Technology and Venture Capital Fund and Founder, Venture Valkyrie, who offers a VC perspective on how technology can advance practice
- Andrew Watson, MD, VP, Clinical IT Transformation, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, and President, American Telemedicine Association, offers his thoughts on the transformative potential of telehealth
- Big Data in Specialty Medicine with Clifford Hudis, MD (ASCO), Michelle Schreiber, MD (CMS), and Stephen Hasley, MD (ACOG)
- The Ethics of Big Data and AI with Tara Montgomery (Civic Health Partners), William Thorwarth, Jr., MD (ACR), and Michael Watson, PhD (ACMG)
- Opportunities and Obstacles to Telehealth Adoption with Hank Chaudhry, DO (FSMB), Shabana Khan, MD (NYU Langone), and Cory Simpson, MD, PhD (Penn Medicine)
Industry Partners and Exhibitors:
CMSS would like to thank our Industry Partners and Exhibitors for their support of the Specialty Forum.