Advancing Care through Technology: Role of Telehealth, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence
November 22-23, 2019
Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel | Arlington, VA
Open to All
The 2019 CMSS Specialty Forum on Advancing Care through Technology, November 22-23, 2019 in Arlington, VA, will bring together Specialty Society executives and physician leaders, thought leaders, technology experts, and industry partners to examine the role of Telehealth, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence in healthcare.
The Specialty Forum is open to both CMSS Members and other interested parties. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to hear from invited plenary speakers, specialty society panels and engage in critical dialogues on these influential technological advancements.
- Aneesh Chopra, President, CareJourney, Former Chief Technology Officer, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, will speak on the impact of big data on achieving healthcare value
- Jayashree Kalpathy-Cramer, PhD, Director of the Quantitative Translational Imaging in Medicine Lab, Martinos Center Center for Machine Learning, Associate Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School, will speak on AI and deep learning in specialty medicine
- Scott Shipman, MD, MPH, Director, Clinical Innovations, Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), will discuss the promise of eConsults
- Lisa Suennen, Leader, Manatt Digital and Technology and Venture Capital Fund and Founder, Venture Valkyrie, who offers a VC perspective on how technology can advance practice
- Andrew Watson, MD, VP, Clinical IT Transformation, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, and President, American Telemedicine Association, offers his thoughts on the transformative potential of telehealth
- Big Data in Specialty Medicine with Clifford Hudis, MD (ASCO), Michelle Schreiber, MD (CMS), and Stephen Hasley, MD (ACOG)
- The Ethics of Big Data and AI with Tara Montgomery (Civic Health Partners), William Thorwarth, Jr., MD (ACR), and Michael Watson, PhD (ACMG)
- Opportunities and Obstacles to Telehealth Adoption with Hank Chaudhry, DO (FSMB), Shabana Khan, MD (NYU Langone), and Cory Simpson, MD, PhD (Penn Medicine)
Specialty Forum Program Schedule:
Full Schedule: Click here to download the CMSS Specialty Forum Program Schedule!
|2019 Specialty Forum Schedule|
|Advancing Care through Technology|
|Friday, November 22|
|11:45 AM – 12:15 PM||Lunch Service|
|12:15 PM – 1:30 PM||Welcome and Plenary Speaker: Aneesh Chopra|
|1:30 PM – 2:30 PM||Panel: Big Data in Specialty Medicine|
|2:30 PM – 3:00 PM||Break with Industry Partners|
|3:00 PM – 4:00 PM||Plenary Speaker: Jayashree Kalpathy-Cramer, PhD|
|4:00 PM – 5:00 PM||Panel: The Ethics of Big Data and AI|
|5:30 PM – 7:00 PM||Specialty Forum Reception and Industry Partner Showcase|
|Saturday, November 23|
|8:00 AM – 9:00 AM||Breakfast with Industry Partners|
|8:00 AM – 9:00 AM||CMSS Leadership Breakfast (invitation only)|
|9:00 AM– 9:45 AM||Plenary Speaker: Lisa Suennen|
|9:45 AM– 10:30 AM||Plenary Speaker: Andrew Watson, MD|
|10:30 AM – 11:30 AM||Panel: Opportunities and Obstacles to Telehealth Adoption|
|11:30 AM – 11:45 PM||Break with Industry Partners and Box Lunch Pickup|
|11:45 AM – 12:45 PM||Plenary Speaker: Scott Shipman, MD, MPH|
|12:45 PM – 1:15 PM||Closing Session|
General Event Details:
- Registration is now open, and the Early Bird deadline is Thursday, October 31. Click here to register.
- Hotel Reservation and Travel Discounts are available HERE. Hotel Reservations are available until Monday, November 4.
- Sponsorship and Exhibit opportunities are available, please contact Judy Hambrick at email@example.com for details.
Industry Partners and Exhibitors:
CMSS would like to thank our Industry Partners and Exhibitors! Please review the CMSS Sponsors and plan to meet with representatives at the Specialty Forum.