About the Program: CMSS CMSS Governance and Leadership Excellence Across Medicine (GLEAM)
As a coalition of more than 50 organizations representing more than 800,000 physicians, the Council of Medical Specialty Societies (CMSS) elevates the unique role of medical specialty societies. Our mission is to advance the expertise and collective voice of specialty societies in support of physicians and the patients they serve. Working together, we advance healthcare for patients and physicians.
The CMSS Governance & Leadership Excellence Across Medicine (GLEAM) Program is specifically designed to meet the governance and leadership development needs of medical specialty societies. This annual program will equip medical society leaders with the tools and connections they need to thrive in their leadership roles. The program is designed to cultivate professional growth, increase collaboration, and incorporate intersectionality in the medical profession. Participants should anticipate high-level interactive programming with real-world examples created specifically for staff and leaders in the medical community, as well as discussion of cross-cutting issues that affect specialty societies and the medical profession.
Join us for GLEAM 2024 as we advance governance and leadership excellence across medicine together. Registration is now open!
CMSS has partnered with Association Management Center (AMC) to facilitate this unique program for medical specialty societies. Program faculty includes:
- Mark Engle, DM, FASAE, CAE
- Debbie Trueblood, MSW, FASAE, IOM, CAE
- Erin Volland, MPA, CAE
Their research and leadership in the governance field and knowledge, experience, and connections within the medical specialty society community will be invaluable to the program cohort.
GLEAM participants can take advantage of six months of engagement opportunities with peers across specialty societies and with our faculty partners. The program runs from May - November 2024 and includes the following elements.
- Independent Learning Modules
- Explore self-paced video and audio modules and pre-reads curated by our faculty partners.
- Work with your society team to explore how the content applies to your setting.
- Case-Based Learning Sessions
- Join a small cohort group for case-based learning and exploration of governance issues and best practices across societies.
- Cohorts will include 3-5 societies and a faculty facilitator.
- All-Cohort Learning Sessions
- Connect with all program participants and faculty and explore emerging themes across the cohort.
- In-Person GLEAM Summit - November 21-22, 2024
- Join your colleagues for a 1.5-day in-person event in Chicago, IL.
- Dive deep into cross-cutting medical society issues and build relationships with peers.
Who Should Participate?
The GLEAM Program is an exclusive opportunity for CMSS members. We recommend society teams of at least 3 participants, including:
- CEO/Executive Director (required)
- Board Chair/President
- Board President-Elect
- Senior staff members (C-Suite or Governance Directors)
- Emerging society leaders
What does Registration Include?
- The Per-Participant Registration Fee is $1,100
- This fee covers all program elements, including the November in-person Summit.
- We encourage all GLEAM participants to attend the full CMSS Annual Meeting, however, an additional fee is required to attend.
Registration is now open for the 2024 GLEAM Program.
Julia Peterson, CAE, CMSS COO, email@example.com
Photo Gallery: GLEAM Summit 2023 in Washington, DC