The National Quality Registry Network (NQRN)
CMSS is pleased to announce the acquisition of the National Quality Registry Network (NQRN) from PCPI (as of July 31, 2020).
As many CMSS members were also members of PCPI/NQRN, this acquisition allows us to provide some continuity with PCPI/NQRN services, focus efforts in the registry space, and build more expertise in measurement science and data standards. We look forward to continuing this important work and integrating the NQRN into CMSS. Check back for more updates.
The Organization of Program Director Associations (OPDA)
OPDA is dedicated to promoting the role of the residency program director and program director societies in achieving excellence in graduate medical education. OPDA’s goals and objectives include:
- Improve the quality of resident education.
- Promote excellence in the art and science of resident education in all specialties.
- Represent residency program directors at a national level and provide a political voice in appropriate arenas.
- Promote communication and cooperation between residency programs, residency program societies, and other members of the graduate medical education community.
- Enhance the administrative operation of residency programs and residency program societies.
- Develop the leadership skills and expertise of program directors and program director societies.
- Support and enhance the mission of CMSS in improving graduate medical education (GME).
OPDA objectives to achieve these goals are:
- Identify one liaison representative from each program director society (or chair society if no separate program director society exists) for each specialty with a distinct RRC. The liaison representative should be a member of or have a direct reporting responsibility to, the board of directors of the program director (or chair) society.
- Meet regularly for peer interaction, information sharing, and collaborative problem- solving.
- Sponsor periodic symposia and meetings on timely GME issues.
- Identify representatives to act as OPDA liaisons with organizations that regulate and impact GME.
- Coordinate all OPDA activities with CMSS and its Executive Committee.
The Physicians’ Electronic Health Record Coalition (PEHRC)
The Physicians’ Electronic Health Record Coalition (PEHRC) is comprised of more than 20 medical societies representing more than 600,000 physicians, who share information to support the use of health information technology. PEHRC provides a forum for members to collaborate in their understanding of health information topics.
The Council of Medical Specialty Societies (CMSS) and the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) co-sponsor the Physicians’ Electronic Health Record Coalition (PEHRC).
HIMSS is a global voice, advisor and thought leader of health transformation through health information and technology with a unique breadth and depth of expertise and capabilities to improve the quality, safety, and efficiency of health, healthcare, and care outcomes. HIMSS designs and leverages key data assets, predictive models and tools to advise global leaders, stakeholders and influencers of best practices in health information and technology, so they have the right information at the point of decision.
CMSS and HIMSS engage their respective membership to increase physician participation and improve knowledge about the value and best use of digital health technologies and analytics such as electronic health records (EHRs), help them select systems, and focus on high-quality and affordable solutions. Visit www.himss.org.