CMSS 2022 Spring Meeting
April 20-21, 2022 | Chicago, IL and Virtual
CMSS 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting
October 13-15, 2021 | Virtual
The CMSS Virtual Annual Meeting: Specialty Societies Leading Transformation in a Time of Crisis took place October 13-15, 2021.
During the pandemic, specialty societies have ensured that members and the public have up-to-date information, led calls for science-based policy, and provided tools and resources to navigate changes in the healthcare system. At CMSS’s Virtual Annual Meeting, specialty society members shared how they have led transformation in healthcare, education, quality, research, and scholarship in a time of crisis. This meeting highlighted innovations and opportunities to ensure that specialty society leadership continues to drive change during the pandemic and beyond as well as address measures they plan to take to minimize efforts to return to the status quo.
CMSS Leadership Summit on Equity and Antiracism
April 22, 2021
This half-day summit focused on providing actionable information and collaborative opportunities to drive sustained improvement in diversity, equity, inclusion (DEI) and to counter racism in medicine.
CMSS Spring Meeting 2021
April 21, 2021
The CMSS Spring Meeting provided an opportunity for CMSS members to connect and collaborate on issues of importance for specialty societies. The event opened with a Plenary Session on Covid-19 and Beyond. Marcella Nunez-Smith, MD, MHS, Chair of the HHS COVID-19 Health Equity Task Force, and Ashish Jha, MD, MPH, Dean, Brown University School of Public Health joined us for this opening session. Attendees then broke out into Professional Peer Group Meetings for the remainder of the day.
CMSS Annual Meeting 2020
October 28 – 30, 2020 | Virtual
The CMSS Virtual Annual Meeting: Covid-19 and Beyond: Digital Transformation of Healthcare, Research, and Education took place October 28 – 30, 2020. We are grateful to all of our speakers and program participants who contributed to an engaging meeting! The program included the following tracks:
- Healthcare Transformation: implementation, adoption and payment of telehealth, remote patient monitoring, electronic tools to support practice transformation
- Research Transformation: clinical registries, interoperability, cloud-based computing, digital research tools, patient privacy, research dissemination and implementation
- Education Transformation: virtual learning platforms, procedural-based education, online networking, role of social media
Review the outstanding List of Speakers who participated in the CMSS Virtual Annual Meeting. All available session recordings may be viewed on the CMSS YouTube Channel. Click here to review the program.
CMSS 2020 Virtual Spring Meeting
May 1, 2020
Online via Zoom
CMSS 2019 Annual Meeting & Specialty Forum
November 21 – 23, 2019
Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel | Arlington, VA
The CMSS Annual Member Meeting included the CMSS Business Meeting, Member Reception, and the following Component and Convened Group Meetings. The 2019 CMSS Specialty Forum on Advancing Care through Technology brought together Specialty Society executives and physician leaders, thought leaders, technology experts, and industry partners to examine the role of Telehealth, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence in healthcare.
Thank you to all our invited speakers and panelists!
- Aneesh Chopra, President, CareJourney, Former Chief Technology Officer, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, on the impact of big data on achieving healthcare value
- Jayashree Kalpathy-Cramer, PhD, Director of the Quantitative Translational Imaging in Medicine Lab, Martinos Center Center for Machine Learning, Associate Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School, on AI and deep learning in specialty medicine
- Scott Shipman, MD, MPH, Director, Clinical Innovations, Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), on the promise of eConsults
- Lisa Suennen, Leader, Manatt Digital and Technology and Venture Capital Fund and Founder, Venture Valkyrie, on how technology can advance practice
- Andrew Watson, MD, VP, Clinical IT Transformation, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, and President, American Telemedicine Association, on the transformative potential of telehealth
- Big Data in Specialty Medicine with Clifford Hudis, MD (ASCO), Michelle Schreiber, MD (CMS), and Stephen Hasley, MD (ACOG)
- The Ethics of Big Data and AI with Tara Montgomery (Civic Health Partners), William Thorwarth, Jr., MD (ACR), and Michael Watson, PhD (ACMG)
- Opportunities and Obstacles to Telehealth Adoption with Hank Chaudhry, DO (FSMB), Shabana Khan, MD (NYU Langone), and Cory Simpson, MD, PhD (Penn Medicine)
Photo Gallery – Specialty Forum:
Photo Gallery – Annual Meeting:
CMSS 2019 Summit on the Future of Clinical Registries
May 8-9, 2019
Chicago Swissotel | Chicago, IL
Click here to download the Final Registry Summit Program Guide.
Plenary Speakers at the 2019 Registry Summit included:
- Michelle Schreiber, MD, Director, Quality Measurement and Value Incentives Group, CMS and David Lanksy, PhD, Senior Advisor, Pacific Business Group on Health; Chair, ICHOM National Steering Committee on Clinical Registries and the Value Challenge
- Peter Margolis, MD, PhD, Co-Director, James M. Anderson Center for Health Systems Excellence, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital; Chair, PCORnet Steering Committee on Healthier Together: Registry powered Learning Health System networks of patients, clinicians and researcher for care, improvement and research
- Tom Mason, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Office of the National Coordinator, US Department of Health and Human Services on Interoperability and the Future of Clinical Registries
- Andrea Pusic, MD, MHS, Chief of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Brigham Health; President, Plastic Surgery Foundation; Richard Gliklich, MD, Director, Clinical Outcomes Research Unit, Massachusetts Eye and Ear; CEO, OM1 , and Niall Brennan, MPP, President & CEO, Health Care Cost Institute on Raising the Bar on Measurement
2019 Spring Meeting
May 9-10, 2019
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile | Chicago, IL
Click here to download the Final Spring Meeting Program Guide.
Thank you to our Spring Meeting Plenary Speakers!
- Jerry Penso, MD, MBA, President and CEO, AMGA on Employed Physician Trends: Implications for Specialty Societies
- Susan Thompson Hingle, MD, FACP, Immediate Past Chair, Board of Regents, American College of Physicians (ACP); Professor and Vice Chair of Education and Faculty Development, SIU School of Medicine on Everybody In: Critical Actions We Must All Engage in to Achieve Gender Equity
- Michael Clarke, Managing Partner, Clarke & Esposito on Open Access and Plan S: Impact on Specialty Society Publishers