Promoting Diagnostic Excellence Across the House of Medicine
The Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation recently awarded a grant to CMSS to promote diagnostic excellence across the field of medicine. With this funding, CMSS will provide up to 10 grant awards to CMSS members through an external review process to support the development of resources and programs focused on diagnostic excellence, including diagnostic safety, quality, and equity. Read the press release here.
- April 29: Letters of Intent received
- May 31: Acceptance of Letters of Intent for advancement to full proposal submission
- June 21: Full Grant Proposal submission site opens to selected societies
- July 27: Full Grant Proposals due
- September 22: Notification of Grant Awardees
- October: Awards begin
- June 16 - Informational Session for Grant Proposal Submissions. CMSS will host an informational webinar for selected societies about this grant proposal submission process. The session will include time for questions and answers.
For access to the session recording please contact Joan Williams email@example.com or Sarah Imhoff firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who is eligible to submit a full grant proposal? CMSS members who received notification of acceptance of their Letter of Intent will receive an invitation to register and submit a full proposal on the program application platform.
- What will the grant awards be? CMSS will make 10 awardsof up to $100,000 each to CMSS members to support the development and dissemination of resources and programs on diagnostic excellence by specialty societies.
- Are there any preferences for program proposal content or focus? Programmatic preference will be given to societies that focus on clinical areas that represent a signification portion of preventable harm from diagnostic errors in the society’s specialty, as well as the highest risk clinical areas, including cancer, cardiovascular disease, and infection. Preference will also be given to proposals that focus on equity in diagnostic excellence.
Sarah Imhoff, Senior Program Director, email@example.com
Joan Williams, Project Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org