8:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
Welcome and Opening Remarks – PDF Presentation
- David Parke, MD, CEO AAO; Chair, CMSS Registry Summit Planning Committee
- David Hoyt, MD, Executive Director, ACS; President, Council of Medical Specialty Societies
- Helen Burstin, MD, MPH, Executive Vice President and CEO, CMSS
8:45 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Opening Keynote: The Future of Clinical Registries: A View from Outside – PDF Presentation
- Robert Califf, MD, Vice Chancellor for Health Data Science for Duke Health; Advisor, Verily Health Sciences/Google; Former Commissioner, Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Registry Leadership Forum
- Cliff Hudis, MD, CEO, ASCO – PDF Presentation
- Kathleen Hewitt, DNP, Associate Vice President, Science and Quality Strategy Innovation, ACC – PDF Presentation
- David Hoyt, MD, Executive Director, ACS – PDF Presentation
- David Parke, MD, EVP & CEO, AAO – PDF Presentation
- Bill Thorwarth, MD, CEO, ACR – PDF Presentation
- Marty Liggett, CEO, ASH – PDF Presentation
- Becky Schierman, MPH, Senior Director, Clinical Practice and Quality Improvement, AAN – PDF Presentation – PDF Presentation
10:45 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.
Clinical Registries in a Rapidly Evolving Healthcare System – PDF Presentation
- Tim Ferris, MD, Chairman and CEO of the Massachusetts General Physician Organization, Partners Healthcare; Member, Physician-Focused Payment Model Technical Advisory Panel (PTAC)
11:10 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Registry Engagement with Payers
- Tom Leyden, Director, Value Partnerships, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan – PDF Presentation
- Derek J. Robinson, MD, Vice President, Enterprise Quality and Accreditation at Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC)
- Reena Duseja, MD, MS, Director, Quality Measurement; Acting Director, Quality Measurement Value Incentives Group, Center for Clinical Care Standards and Quality, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services – PDF Presentation
1:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
The Duke/Pew Charitable Trusts Common Healthcare Data Interoperability Project
- James E. Tcheng, MD, FACC, Duke Clinical Research Institute – PDF Presentation
1:30 p.m. – 2:20 p.m.
Patient Engagement and the Importance of Patient-Reported Outcomes in Clinical Registries
- Sally Okun, RN, Vice President, Policy and Ethics, PatientsLikeMe – PDF Presentation
- Judith Baumhauer, MD, MPH, Associate Chair of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Rochester Medical Center – PDF Presentation
2:35 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Registry Growth and Sustainability: Opportunities and Challenges
- Robert Portman, Principal, Healthcare, Powers, Pyles, Sutter & Verville PC – PDF Presentation
- Nathan Glusenkamp, Director, Orthopaedic Registries, AAOS – PDF Presentation
3:30 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Closing Keynote: Clinical Registries, Interoperability and Big Data
- Don Rucker, MD, National Coordinator for Health IT, Department of Health and Human Services