About the Program
CMSS is the leading organization that convenes medical specialty societies around significant issues in the healthcare and specialty society community. The CMSS Governance and Leadership Excellence Across Medicine (GLEAM) Program is specifically designed to meet the needs of specialty societies and is offered to CMSS CEOs and their elected leadership.
This annual program will be an engaging and interactive tool to cultivate professional growth, increase collaboration, and incorporate intersectionality in the medical profession. Participants should anticipate high-level interactive programming with real-world examples created specifically for staff and leaders in the medical community, as well as discussion of cross-cutting issues that affect specialty societies and the medical profession.
CMSS has partnered with Association Management Center (AMC) to develop and facilitate this unique program for medical specialty societies. The program will be led by AMC Principal Mark Engle, DM FASAE CAE, whose research and leadership in the governance field is well-known throughout the association community, alongside a team of thought leaders whose knowledge, experience and connections within the medical specialty society community will be invaluable to the program.
A CMSS CEO Workgroup will remain engaged through the program development and implementation. We are grateful for their continued support!
Participation in the GLEAM program includes six months of engagement opportunities with peers in similar leadership roles across specialty societies and with our faculty partners.
- Virtual Sessions
Three virtual, synchronous engagements with the cohort from April – September.
- Online Program Community via CMSS Connect
An online community for program participants to pose questions, discuss ideas, and share resources.
- Access to Curated Resources and Expert Facilitators
Includes video modules and pre-reads developed by our Association Management Center (AMC) partners. All program resources will be posted and shared through the online community.
- In-Person Medical Society Leaders Summit
The CMSS Medical Society Leaders Summit includes an in-person meeting, issues forum, and networking reception on Wednesday, November 8 in Washington, DC. The GLEAM fee covers participation in the Summit; however, a separate registration is required to attend the Annual Meeting (November 9-10).
Registration is NOW OPEN! This is an exclusive opportunity for CMSS members in 2023. Please note you must be affiliated with a CMSS Member Society to register.
- All registrations should be submitted using the online form below.
- CMSS recommends societies bring a total of 3 participants – ideally the CEO/ED, Board Chair/President, and President-Elect. Societies may bring no more than 4 participants.
- GLEAM Registration Fee (per participant) = $1100.
- The program's capacity is 80 people. If the program reaches capacity, a short waitlist will be available. Contact Julia to be added to the waitlist.
Julia Peterson, CAE, CMSS Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the Dates: GLEAM Program Events 2023
- Virtual Session 1: Tuesday, April 25, 2023
- Virtual Session 2: Wednesday, June 28, 2023
- Virtual Session 3: Tuesday, September 26, 2023
- In-Person Medical Society Leaders Summit: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at the Renaissance Washington, DC