2018 Spring Meeting
Friday and Saturday, May 11-12, 2018
The Blackstone Hotel – Chicago
CMSS has a great lineup of speakers at the CMSS 2018 Spring Meeting May 11-12 in Chicago.
- Sue Sheridan, a patient and safety leader who serves as Director of Patient Engagement for the Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine, will share her own family’s story of misdiagnosis and the importance of engaging patients in achieving better diagnosis. Sue will be followed by two specialty society leaders who will discuss their society’s work in improving diagnosis:
- Darilyn Moyer, MD, Executive Vice President and CEO, ACP
- Dr. Sandra Schneider, MD, Associate Executive Director for Practice, Policy and Academic Affairs, ACEP
- Tait Shanafelt, MD, Jeanie & Stewart Ritchie Professor of Medicine and Chief Wellness Officer at Stanford School of Medicine, will present on strategies to reduce burnout and improve physician wellness. Dr. Shanafelt will be followed by specialty society leaders who will present on their society efforts to reduce burnout:
- Barbara Levy, MD, Vice President, Health Policy, ACOG
- Clif Knight, MD, Senior Vice President for Education, AAFP
- Janis Orlowski, MD, Chief Health Care Officer for the Association of American Medical Colleges, will address mergers and acquisitions and consider the effects of consolidation on healthcare.
- Karen Remley, MD, CEO/EVP, American Academy of Pediatrics will present on their longitudinal survey of pediatricians, The Pediatrician Life and Career Experience Study (PLACES)
Members of the Organization of Program Director Associations (OPDA) will be meeting on Friday, May 11 from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., also at The Blackstone Hotel. The registration fee for the OPDA meeting is $275.
CMSS Member – $525
Please make your housing accommodations online with The Blackstone Hotel by clicking here or by calling (312) 447-0955 by Wednesday, April 18, 2018, to ensure you receive the CMSS discounted rate of $259/night. Please reference the Council of Medical Specialty Societies (CMSS) when calling.
The Blackstone Hotel
636 South Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60605
Full registration will be refunded, less a $75 processing fee, if CMSS receives written notification on or before Friday, April 13, 2017. No refunds will be granted after this date, however, substitutions are welcome. If you require assistance, please call CMSS at (312) 224-2585.
For questions, please contact CMSS meetings at email@example.com or call (312) 224-2585. Support and exhibit opportunities are available. Please contact Heidi Lapka at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (312) 224-2585 for details.
The Council of Medical Specialty Societies would like to thank the following:
2018 DIAMOND Level Supporters:
2018 PLATINUM Level Supporters:
2018 GOLD Level Supporters: