Save the Date
CMSS Patient & Family Engagement Summit
Thursday, November 16, 2017
Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel Arlington, VA
Join physicians, health care professionals, health system leaders, patient advocates, and patients for a one-day Summit focused on integrating and leveraging the patient’s voice in U.S. health care. This Summit will challenge both clinicians and patients to work collaboratively to co-design and develop programs that benefit the way care is delivered, with an ultimate goal of achieving the “quadruple aim”: improved patient and family experience, better health outcomes, lower per capita costs, and increased joy in practice. In addition, the Summit will share the work of the National Quality Partners Shared Decision Making Action Team with key audiences, including physicians and specialty societies.
Topics addressed at the Summit will include:
- Shared decision-making
- Cultural competency/Equity
- Patient-centered outcomes
- CMS/CMI update on Patient & Family Engagement
- Point of care tools
- Best practice in developing care plans
Examples will be provided to show how patient/family and health professional partnership can be accomplished.
CMSS is pleased to be partnering with the following cooperating partners for this event.
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- American Hospital Association
- Coalition to Transform Advanced Care
- Informed Patient Institute
- National Health Council
- National Partnership for Women & Families
- National Quality Forum
- Patients Like Me
- Plastic Surgery Foundation
- Schwartz Center
Registration will go live August 2017. Check the CMSS Website at www.cmss.org for more details.