Health & Safety Protocols for the CMSS 2022 Spring Meeting
In-Person Attendees of the CMSS Spring Meeting must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a daily negative test in order to pick up an attendee badge.
- Vaccination Policy: To ensure safety for all in-person participants in Chicago, IL, and unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, the CMSS 2022 Spring Meeting is a COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIRED event for all attendees, exhibitors, and staff. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. Attendees must be fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO). A list of approved vaccines can be found here.
- Alternate Pathway for Non-Vaccinated: If one is not vaccinated due to health or religious reasons, results of a daily (taken within 24 hours prior to the start of each meeting day) negative test must be submitted each day of participation. Self-administered tests will not be accepted; testing must be performed by a lab or service that provides printed or digital results that include your full name, date of test, and location of test. Individuals are responsible for locating these service providers; CMSS does not maintain a list.
- Mask Policy: CMSS recommends that masks be worn by all attendees, exhibitors, and staff when not actively eating or drinking.
- CMSS requires that all attendees must claim their own badge at badge pick-up.
CLEAR Health Pass for Smooth Badge Pick-Up:
To simplify badge pickup, CMSS will use CLEAR to collect proof of vaccination for U.S. based attendees. CLEAR’s free mobile app and Health Pass feature provides a simple and secure way for this information to be shared. For the most efficient entry into the meeting, all registrants should sign up for CLEAR and complete their COVID-19 proof of vaccination as soon as possible, but at least 48 hours before arriving at badge pick up.
- Download the CLEAR app on your mobile phone.
- Select “Create your Health Pass”
- Select “Have a Code” and enter CMSS2022
- Follow the prompts to upload your vaccine and identification documents
- Confirm your identity
- Select “Create your Health Pass” or “Change” depending on if you are already registered for a Health Pass
- Select “Have a Code” and enter CMSS2022
- Follow the prompts to verify your account and identity
Additional Information on CLEAR:
- Trust and transparency are CLEAR’s top priority, and with Health Pass, users are always in control of their health information. Your personal information is only used to deliver a frictionless and secure experience with ACS and CLEAR and will not be shared. You can read more details about this in their FAQ.
- Once you have provided your proof of vaccination and picked up your badge, you will not need to verify your vaccination status again.
Onsite Badge Pickup:
- When you arrive on-site, show your CLEAR pass at the registration desk in order to pick up your badge and program materials.
- Unable to use CLEAR? Vaccinated attendees who are unable to use the CLEAR App should present either a digital or hard copy of their vaccine record at Registration, along with a government-issued photo ID that matches the name on your vaccine record. Photocopies will be accepted. Digital vaccination certificates and mobile applications that many countries have issued will also be accepted. Vaccine records must clearly state the following:
- Full name
- Type of vaccine administered
- Date of when the vaccine was received
- Location where vaccine was administered
- Alternate Pathway for Non-Vaccinated Attendees: Please note that you will be required to provide documentation of a negative test result from a lab or service at the Registration desk before attending each day of the meeting. CMSS is not responsible for locating or arranging testing and will not reimburse the costs associated with testing. It is recommended that you locate a testing site and make advance reservations to ensure your ability to test each day of the meeting.
Not Feeling Well?
- CMSS strongly encourages all attendees to complete a self-check health screening prior to departing and follow all guidelines set forth by the CDC for travel.
- If you begin to feel ill or manifest symptoms once you are onsite, please isolate and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you are unable to attend the meeting due to illness.